Ecocity World Summit 2015 will be a meeting point for urban planners, architects, policy makers, city management practitioners, innovators, academics, and other professionals from government and industry.
The Summit’s aims are to support the development of ecocities of the future by:
- Showcasing best practices from around the region and world
- Encouraging global and regional learning from the assembled experts
- Sharing ongoing initiatives and help shape new ones
- Allowing for networking and furthering inspiration to develop the next generation of ideas, projects and strategies for ecocities
The 2015 Ecocity World Summit Invites you to submit a proposal for presentation at the 11th Summit in Abu Dhabi from the 11-13 of October 2015.
The call for Papers and Presentations seeks the most relevant contributions and innovative initiatives and solutions within the framework of ecological approaches to cities. All authors are cordially invited to submit their papers and/or presentations.
Successful proposals will be eligible for one of the following categories: (a) Papers selected for Summit presentation and (b) Papers selected for Summit short presentations or poster sessions. The Call for Papers and Presentations will be open until April 15th 2015.
- Urban design for livability and resilience
- Protecting heritage in growing cities
- Designing new cities and informal settlements
- Urban systems, footprints and metabolism
- Investment in green infrastructure
- Alignment with economic green growth strategy
- Social systems that facilitate ecocities
- Good governance structures for ecocities
- Planning to mitigate against future disasters and sea level rise
- Cities in balance with nature
Who can participate
- Urban planners
- Local and central government administrators and policy makers
- Businesses and entrepreneurs
- Research centers
- Industry and commercial entities
- Other public or non-governmental organizations or consortiums (public-private)
Abstract submission deadline………………….. 15 April 2015
Notification of accepted abstracts……………. 15 July 2015
Selected presenter registration deadline…… 5 August 2015